Need to find a specific word, phrase or text passage and not sure in which document to look for it? Combine HoudahSpot‘s regular search with its “Search in Text Preview” feature!
- Start a HoudahSpot search for the document candidates you would expect to find the word, phrase or text passage in
- Select a file from the results list. Make sure the Details Pane is visible and switched to Text Preview
- Hit cmd-F (or go to the Edit menu > Find > Find…)
- A search field will appear in the Text Preview window. Type your word, phrase or text passage. Results are highlighted. Jump to the next search result within the same document using cmd-G.
- Select the next file from the results list. Hit cmd-G to continue the search within this document’s content